The Secretary-General of the WEEC is Mario Salomone.
The office of Secretary-General is voluntary.
Mario Salomone has a master degree in Theoretical Philosophy. He is an environmental sociologist, former university professor at the University of Bergamo and Milano (IULM), is teaching Environmental sociology at the University of Milano Bicocca and Torino. Journalist, lecturer in hundreds of conferences, author or co-author of handbooks, papers and book chapters on environmental education, environmental communication, ecological economics and other environmental issues, and writer of novels and tales.
Main Scientific committees, offices and affiliations (past or present)
- Centr’ERE – Centre de recherche en éducation et formation relatives à l’environnement et à l’écocitoyenneté, UQAM (Université du Québec à Montréal).
- President of the Italian Federation of Environmental Media (FIMA) since the beginning until 2017.
- Founding member of the IECA (International Environmental Communication Association).
- Scientific committee of MASP Master at University of Torino (Italy).
- International Sociological Association (ISA, RC 24 and 26).
- European Sociological Association (ESA).
- Associazione Italiana di Sociologia (AIS) – Sezione Territorio (Italy).
- Associazione Italiana per gli studi sulla Qualità della Vita (AIQUAV) (Italy).
- MAHB (Millennium Alliance for Humanity and the Biosphere, Stanford University- USA).
- International Environmental Communication Association (IECA).
- Scientific Committee of Center for Environmental Ethics – Bergamo (Italy).
- National UNESCO Scientific Committee of United Nations Decades of Education for Sustainable Development (UN-DESD 2005-2014) (Italy).
- Board of Aurelio Peccei Foundation (Italian section of Club of Rome).
- International Task Force on Education for Sustainable Consumption – UN Marrakesh Process.